Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 2 cups whipped cream (stabilized)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 confectioners’ sugar (sifted)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Put a glass or stainless steel bowl along with the beaters into the freezer for about 30 minutes to chill.
2. Once chilled remove from freezer and pour in the whipping cream.
3. Using the chilled beaters and whip for 2 minutes.
4. Add the confections’ sugar being sure to put through a sifter first. If you don’t have a special flour sifter, you can use a regular sieve and a large flat spoon and work the sugar though the sieve that way. You want to get all the lumps out.
5. Add the vanilla and whip in.
6. Keep whipping until the whipped cream forms stiff peaks. It will take a few minutes. Once they are stiff stop or you run the risk of over whipping and making too stiff.