Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes 1 loaf
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 4.5 x 8.5 inch loaf pan with butter and lightly dust with flour
3. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well.
5. Add the vanilla and salt and beat in.
6. On low speed, mix in the flour adding a little at a time until combined. Do not over mix.
7. Transfer to the prepared baking pan, place into the preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes.
Test with a toothpick. Pound cake is ready when the toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven, leave in the pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.