Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 6 servings
2 Tablespoons butter
1 medium cooking onion, diced
4-6 russet potatoes, peeled, washed and chopped into 2 inch cubes
1 (796 ml) jar sauerkraut (we used Kuhn but you can use our favorite brand)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 pre-cooked Mennonite sausages (or sausage flavour of your choice) chopped into 2-inch chunks
Sour Cream - For serving - Optional but delicious
Beet Pickles - For serving - Optional but delicious
1. Turn the instant pot onto sauté position.
2. Add butter and diced onions and cook for about 5 minutes until transparent.
3. Add the potatoes, sauerkraut, sausage, salt and pepper.
4. Pace the lid on the Instant pot and turn the vent valve to ‘sealing’. Cook over manual high pressure for 15 minutes, then quick release. Be sure to use a damp dish cloth over the valve when releasing.
5. Open the pot and serve.
6. Delicious with sour cream and beet pickles.