Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 9x9 inch baking dish - 42 small pieces or you can cut larger
1/2 cup milk
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup sliced almonds
2 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
You will need a double boiler set up for this recipe. We used a medium sized saucepan for the ingredients and a deep frying pan to hold the water.
1. Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Put about an inch of water into the deep frying pan and place your saucepan into it to test how high the water rises. You don’t want to have too much water in the bottom pan as once it starts to boil you don’t want it to be splattering out.
3. Place the milk, sugar and butter into the cooking saucepan. Bring the water to a boil.
4. Use a spatula to stir the milk, sugar and butter and keep cooking until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. The mixture will be smooth when the sugar is dissolved and it will take 5-10 minutes.
5. Shut off the heat and use a whisk to stir in the cocoa. Stir in the almonds. Stir in the quick oats.
6. Transfer to the prepared lined baking dish and smooth the top down with a spatula.
7. Place into the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours or longer before you cut it into pieces.
8. Remove from the pan onto a cutting board. It should come out easily because of being lined with parchment paper. Decide on how big you want to cut your pieces. We cut them into small pieces. These No Bake Chocolate Almond Oatmeal Squares keep very well refrigerated or can be frozen.